Advice Column


My dear,



I am sorry to disturb you with my problem. It all started on the 1st September, 2009. The mysterious flood destroyed our house in Ouagadougou, the capital city of Burkina Faso. It was barely 3 weeks after I returned back to school. One of our close neighbours called me back home. I did not know it was invitation to witness the burial of my both parents and my only brother.

They were killed by the fallen building during the night as the rain and flood soaked the base of the house.

My hopes and dreams came to sudden end. I become homeless, helpless, hopeless, and suddenly an orphan.

My education stopped. Now I needed someone to behold, to trust my heart onto, to console me and give hope for life and continuity.

Though some people have forced me to become an emergency prostitute in order to maintain my needs and continue my education, I felt that my situation should not be a good reason to do this; instead I need someone responsible to build and rest my heads with and give me refuge.

This is why I need you. I believe that you can help me. The church authority has refused to release my father’s inheritance to me based on my young age until I reach the lawful age. I am suffering while some relations are targeting to kill me and take over the inheritance before I grow to the age.



I am afraid that you will not say no to my heart. You will not reject me. Can you help me make life? I am young and need a helper; I need a partner. Please do not say no to me. Though many people lost their lives, properties, companies and schools also were damaged, but I feel that nature hated me most because I am left without parents, brother and shelter. I asked why me alone on earth to bear all the pains and suffering which I cannot know when it will end.

Miss Nadin Alloa




Dear Miss Nadin Alloa,



My editor was hesitant to send me you’re message and now I see why. I am not sure what you want from me, but I will offer you my advice.

First of all, how old are you? And why are you e-mailing me when you should be finding a neighbor or a friend that will keep you safe from murderers?

I’m not sure how your government works, but instead of sending out e-mails, FIND SOMEONE IN Ouagadougou (or wherever you are right now) to keep you safe. People on the internet can do nothing but wonder why you’re on the internet anyway…



Hope this helped,

Badiumpapapabadahispee